Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What I do for Rotary!

I went to UCONN Travel Clinic for my innoculations to prepare for the upcoming trip. The Clinic is about 45 minutes from my house and I felt pretty good on the ride up. Felt alright in the waiting room too. But then the nurse called me in and I began to panic. I hate needles and I was expecting 4 of them. I was extremely relieved when the doctor told me I only needed Hepatits A and Tetanus. Apparently Typhoid is an oral vaccine - I can't swallow pills but I will figure that out later. At least I am now down to 2 shots. I warned the doctor of my distate for needles and she seemed concerned that I would faint. I assured her fainting was not an issue - crying maybe - but not fainting. I have to say the shots themselves didn't hurt at all. The muscle pain from the Hepatitis A set in fairly soon after the shot. My entire left arm hurt - from wrist to arm pit. Later the welt from the Tetanus appeared. I couldn't sleep on either side for several nights.



I can't wait to see the size of the Typhoid, Malaria, and Cipro pills!

No comments: